Roles and Responsibilities
1. Inspecting construction sites regularly to identify and eliminate potential safety hazards.
2. Supervising and instructing the construction team as well as subcontractors.
3. Educating site workers on construction safety regulations and accident protocol.
4. Enforcing site safety rules to minimize work-related accidents and injuries.
5. Handling site accidents in accordance with established accident protocol.
6. Maintaining an accurate record of construction employee attendance.
7. Evaluating the performance of construction employees and instituting disciplinary measures as needed.
8. Analyzing blueprints to ensure that construction projects meet design, safety, and budget specifications.
9. Recommending changes to construction operations or procedures to increase efficiency.
10. Site Supervisor Requirements:
11. Completion of a post-secondary education construction training program.
12. Bachelor’s degree in construction management, construction science, civil engineering, or related field is preferred.
13. Proven experience working as a site supervisor.
14. CPR and first aid certifications.
15. Sound knowledge of building codes and construction safety regulations.
16. Working knowledge of construction tools and equipment.
17. The ability to interpret blueprints.
18. Outstanding leadership skills.
19. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
20. Excellent organizational and communication skills.